Sunday, September 23, 2007

stress is an understatement

I have been under so much stress lately. This blog goes out to all the fellow stressed out people. Especially teenagers. For all the responsible teenagers, I do not think we get enough credit. We are at school all day, work part time ( and sometimes end up doing full time), do chores, and make time for friends and family. To most teenagers' parents thats not enough. They think because we are young we have all this energy to burn. We don't! When we get home for a long day packed with school and work, we don't have a chance to kick back and unwind. We get told that we have to do housework and then after we have to do homework and study. Since we are up late studying, sleep is on the back burner. I, like most teenagers, can not remember the last time a night of sleep contained more than 5 hours. I know that sleep keeps the mind healthy and all, but lack of sleep is the only option. I know it is bad when on a friday night I'd rather stay in than go out due to my body being weak. Not only are we physically stressed, we are mentally stressed too! How am I going to pay for this and that, When am I going to find time to the project or study for this test, I'm hungry but do not have time to eat, When is the next time I am going to hang out with my friends or boyfriend are all questions that go running throught my head everyday. I go to mental therapy once a week and still manage to get stressed out. I know I am not the only person. Teenagers go throught the same exact thing. Even adults do with career, bills, kids, student loan debt. I guess we have to run ten times faster than the world just to keep up.

No comments: