Monday, October 1, 2007

You may now kiss, the (25 yr old) bride.

On cosmopolitan.com they have a section called "conversation starters." Since I was stumped for a blog discussion, I thought this would be a good place to go. There are so many conversation starters. A couple actually caught my interest. The average age for women in the U.S. to get married for the first time is 25.5. Just one week ago my sister got engaged to her long time boyfriend. The proposal was just 2 days before her 23rd birthday. My sister said she is not going to have a wedding for another 2 years. By the time of my sister's wedding, she will be 25. it also made me think of my cousins who walked down the aisle. They were all 25 years old. That makes me believe that study. This study also makes my look into this more. When my mother was younger, the average age a woman got married was about 20. More and more woman are in school longer and want to get thier careers established first now days. Woman have careers now, they are not just a house wife anymore. I also think the actualy couples are paying for their weddings, not mommy and daddy. That also delays a wedding. I personally think that 25 is a perfect age to get married. I think you also know who you are as a person, you know what you want, and are mature enough to take responsibility.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I liked this entry because its an interesting statistic that I think many women are interested in knowing.