Monday, October 1, 2007

Do older siblings see parents more?

Another cosmopolitan conversation starter. This one says, Firstborns get 20 to 30 more minutes of qualilty time per day with parents than younger sibilings. As a younger sib, I thik this is true. I think parents tent to hold on to their elder children more than younger. I can only speak from a personal standing. My sister has not lived with me for over 2 years but she sees my parents more than I do. I thik my parents "had a second chance" with me and pressured my more to do better in school and work hard and be independent. Not that my sister is dependent on them or that they did not raise her well but they let more things slide with her. They corrected anything they might have done wrong through me. I think my sister is more open with my parents when I am more quiet. I like to fix my own problems and fight my own battles. That could also be why I see my parents less. This could also be due to my personality and not the fact that I am the youngest. Who knows? It makes you think though.

1 comment:

AmandaT said...

I thought this was an interesting arcticle partly because i am a younger sibling myself. I just wanted to let you know, if you didn't know already, that you have a few typographical errors in the post. You spelled "think" as "thik" a few times lol