Thursday, October 25, 2007

Slow Dancing in a Burning Room

Slow Dancing in a Burning Room is a song by John Mayer. I first heard this song when a good friend of my mine introduced it to me sometime last year. When I heard the title, I did not know what to think. It was oddly intriguing to me. When I heard the first few measures I was instantly addicted. The music sounds like nothing we hear in today's music. It is very blues and jazz which I liked because it is different from what I normally listen to. John Mayer's voice comes through the speakers and his voice is raspy yet soothing.

The song itself is about a couple that is on the rocks. This couple is doomed to fail. They have to wake up and deal with the problems themselves because nobody is going to help them anymore. He even says that nobody is going to save them because they pulled too many false alarms. He says that he cannot hold her like he wants to anymore. From the song it seems that the girl is moslty the problem in the relationship.He basically says that she is doubting his feeling for her.

He pulls you into the song to the point it feels like he is singing to you. I know that sounds pathetic. I sure I am not the only person that has been in the same situation as the one in the song. It hurts to be in that situation. You both know that it is over between you two but still can not let go. Your friends might try to give you a pep talk but you know it is truly over. You know that the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

Here is a you tube video I found of the song. Hope you take the time to listen to it and fall in love with it like I am.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MnKdz60H8VI

No comments: