Monday, October 22, 2007

Body Peace Treaty

In the November issue of Seventeen Magazine, there is a Body Peace Treaty. It is a vow for young women to be at peace with there body's. Many celebrities have signed it. I have signed it as well the treaty reads...
I Vow to...
-Remember that the sun will rise tomorrow even if I had one too many slices of pizza or an extra scoop of ice cream tonight.
-Never blame my body for the bad day I'm having.
-Never allow a dirty look from someone else to influence how I feel about my appearance.
-Quit judging a person solely by how his or her body looks - even if it seems harmless- because I'd never want anyone to do that to me.
-Notice all the amazing things my body is do for me every moment I walk, talk, thing, breath...
-Quiet that negative little voice in my head when it starts to say mean things about my body that I'd never tolerate anyone else saying about me.
-Remind myself that what you see isn't always what you get on TV and in ads- it takes a lot of airbrushing, dieting, money, and work to look like that,
-Remember that event the girl who Id swap bodies with in a minute has something about her looks that she hates.
Respect my body by feeding it well, working up a sweat when it needs it, and knowing when o give it a break.
Realize that the mirror can reflect only what's on the surface of me, not who I am inside.
-Know that I'm already beautiful just the way I am.
XOXO_______________________

No comments: