Monday, November 5, 2007

Brain Tumor Walk


As mentioned in a previous blog, I stated that I was going on the Brain Tumor Walk. On October 28, 2007, A couple of my friends and I met up at the Staten Island Ferry a few minutes before 8:30 AM. The ferry was not running at 8:30 so we waited until 9. Once we were in the city, we had McDonald's Breakfast because we had some time until the walk.

The walk was at Battery Park. All the walkers signed in and got their shirts. I bought a wristband for the cause. We all started off on the walk. It was a 3 mile walk. The people on the walk got less and less. Even if people dropped out of the walk at least they tried. On lamp post and fences were arrows to point the walkers in the right direction. At some points we did not see an arrow for a while and thought we got off track. It was really fun and I have personal reasons why I went and will always go.

No comments: