Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Yesterday November 22, 2007) was Thanksgiving. Besides being off from school I was very excited for the holiday to see my family and eat food. Like always, my grandmother hosts the holidays. It is the same thing so it tends to be kind of boring but it makes my grandmother happy. I was hoping the my two cousins would bring the babies (they are very entertaining) but due to a recent death on the other side of the family, they were unable to come. We had lots of food, the traditional turkey, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, mashes potatoes, antipasto, baked ziti, and every pie you can think of. Being a vegetarian for ten years I did not get to eat everything the holiday had to offer. Like always I starve myself the previous day so I can stuff my face for Thanksgiving but as usual I hardly eat and am starving my the time I go home. I guess it is my own personal tradition. It is so strange to look around the apartment and see how grown up we are. I still feel so young but now I am one of the older cousins and it really shows me that I am not a baby anymore. All and all it was a good time. All us cousins shared stories of how embarrassing and annoying our parents are and what we are up to next. All the boys watched the football game. Next get together is just a few months away.

No comments: