Monday, November 12, 2007

Project hospitality

This past Friday, I volunteered at the project hospitality house. We enterained the kids. To get ready for the event, me and the other volunteers put together goody bags for the kids.Inside were basic fun items like pencil, yo-yo, game piece, etc. We also assembled models of the craftt hat we were going to make with the kids. We planned to read a booked themed on Thanksgiving and make a turkey hat. When we were all prepared, we headed to the project hospitality house. This was my first time going so I did not know what to expect. When we met with the kids, I was so excited. I love kids so I felt right in my element. The ages ranged from 3- 10 years old. The older kids took a little time to warm up to us. We got to know the kids a little bit. Two of the children wanted to sit next to me the whole night. Each volunteer read a piece of the book to the kids. To my suprise they were into the story. Then it was a little crazy when it came time for the craft. It was a good crazy though. One little girl made hers to look exactly like mine. I felt so honored. We gave out snacks to the kids. It was a great time and everybody had fun. I love to vlounteer. it is not a chore for me and I get so much out of it. Can't wait to do it again.

No comments: